- Read all about Linda Tran, our 2013 Miss Ao Dai's pageant day experience here: http://t.co/zplVzZD9Se 04/02/13
- Reviewing Miss Social before our big photoshoot day! #mvnci2013 http://t.co/Y3YzucVr 01/27/13
- Sponsorship workshop! #mvnci2013 http://t.co/fLWUBLV5 12/16/12
- First practice of the 2013 pageant was successful! #mvnci2013 12/08/12
- Our raffle selling efforts paid off tonight! Proceeds go towards purchasing toys for 800 underprivileged children in the Bay Area! @naaapsf 12/06/12
- MVNCI will be at SJ City Hall tonight. Come out & support ❤❤❤#blackapril #fallofsaigon #mvncimvnci70Want an opportunity to win free Charity Gala Tickets? Value of $40 each! Follow these instructions: 1). Follow MVNCI on instagram 2). Your setting must be public 3). Hash tag #mvncicoronation13 & #mvnci Charity Gala & Coronation will be on 5/5/13, 5pm, @ abc restaurant milpitas. We'll officially be announcing new Court 2013 while fundraising for a good cause. There will be a 10 course meal, entertainment, & chances to win awesome prizes! For more info, visit www.missvietnamnorcal.com 2 winners will be selected next friday!mvnci61MVNCI @ #AAWA Banquet ❤mvnci172#MVNCI is currently heremvnci60Representing vietnamese culture @ Cultural Heritage Night @ Alameda Science & Technology @angieengo @agnes_nesnez @thoangshortymvnci131
Monthly Archives: February 2013
We are days away from crowning our new Miss Vietnam of Northern California Intercollgiate 2013! Come join us on March 3rd to find out who will take home the crown, the scholarship, and the opportunity of a lifetime to represent young vietnamese female college students of Nothern California!
Campbell Heritage Theater
1 W Campbell Ave Campbell, CA 95008
March 3rd, 2013! Doors will open at 3pm for all guests and the show will begin promptly at 4pm. Late admission may not be accepted, so please arrive early!
Regular sale tickets: $30
VIP seating: $50
*all pricing includes facility fees
If you would like to purchase tickets, you may do so by
* Contacting a contestant
* Visiting the box office of Campbell Heritage Theater
* Calling the box office at (408) 866-2700
* Purchasing online at Choice Ticketing & click on MS VN NorCal Intercollegiate
See you there!
The Miss Vietnam Northern California Intercollegiate™ (MVNCI) Pageant (Hoa Khôi Liên Trường miền Bắc California™) is a community showcase of accomplished and polished female students vying to be the voice of the Vietnamese youth of Northern California. This scholarship pageant aims to celebrate today’s Vietnamese and Vietnamese-American women, and to encourage personal growth across of variety of attributes. Through an interview segment, a talent showcase, and a display of the traditional áo dài, the pageant is also an opportunity for these students from Northern Californian academic institutions to demonstrate their pride and understanding of Vietnamese culture. Intelligence, eloquence, composure, and strength; these are the qualities that MVNCI shall possess. As the voice of the Vietnamese youth, she will serve the community through specific community service events and will also make appearances as MVNCI as a testament of the potential of all Vietnamese youth. To be selected would be an affirmation of her achievement and ability as a young Vietnamese American woman.
So what makes the Miss Vietnam of Northern California Intercollegiate experience different and how does the organization benefit the community/the world? There are a handful of beauty pageants out there, all with different goals and purposes, but what distinct MVNCI from the pack truly relies on what our contestants learn and take away with after pageant ends.
Aside from the usual practices to perfect dance, talk, and walk choreographies, MVNCI offer contestants workshops to sharpen skills that not only help contestants gain confidence to impress judges, but can also apply to their lives outside of pageant. Our workshops vary year to year, but several workshops that we do present every year focuses on interview, sponsorship, dining etiquette, self empowerment, and sportsmanship. Each workshop were presented by special guests from the community, who have garnered those skills from their own personal experiences with pageantry/profession.
Another noteworthy aspect of the MVNCI experience also focuses on empowering young women’s voice. As queen of MVNCI, she is entitle to chose an organization of her liking and MVNCI as a whole will support her philanthropy project throughout her reign. To prepare for this responsibility, every week during practice, each contestant gives a presentation about their cause and what actions they need to execute if they are chosen as queen. Even if contestants do not place as queen, at least they have a idea of what they would like to volunteer for and continues to volunteer for their cause.
Last, but not the least, another piece of experience that contestants will take away is the sisterhood formed. Although contestants are brought together, vying for the MVNCI title, contestants build friendships amongst the stress that pageantry tend to create. Along with making valuable connections with fellow contestants, contestants are also guided by mentors. For what started as an experiment last year, mentoring was a hit, and ever since then has become a MVNCI tradition. Contestants are split into groups and are mentor by previous court members to help ease the stress, offer advices, and lend a shoulder to lean on. (This year is special, because we have previous 2012 contestant and Top 8 finalist, Kristine Pham to help mentor 2013 contestants)!
All in all, MVNCI provide a platform to empower young college women who happen to be vietnamese, equip contestants with useful life skills, and allow them to grow intellectually. How does that affect the community, or even the world? Simply put, we are creating leaders, one group at a time! We are confident that our contestants will become successful in their endeavors and we are proud to have been a part of their journey.
Are you ready for March 3rd! See the confidence, poise, and intelligence our contestants will exude on stage at the Campbell Heritage Theater! Pictures courtesy of Nocturnalz Photography!