On Sunday, March 22, 2015, Crystal, Cindy, and I spent our afternoon serving lunch to seniors at the Curry Senior Center, located in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco. Upon our arrival, we checked in with Laura, the coordinator of the meal program at the center. She gave us a quick overview of the program and the lunch service schedule. The center provides essential social services to low-income seniors which includes healthcare, housing, and meals, to name a few. There was a good turnout of about a dozen total volunteers that day. In the kitchen, we met “Vergi”, the head cook, who assigned each of us roles in the food serving line. She endearingly named Crystal, Cindy, and I as the “Chicken Lady”, “Cabbage Lady”, and “Fruits Lady”, respectively, in regards to the food we were plating. The color composition of all the different foods on the plate looked very beautiful altogether! It was a joy to serve the senior citizens who came by that day. All of the volunteers got to have a taste of the scrumptious plate of food during our break in between the 2 lunch periods. After the second lunch period ended and plates of second servings were all passed out, we helped bus tables, wash/dry all the kitchenware, and clean-up the kitchen. As we chatted with Laura afterwards about our wonderful experience there, we learned that Vergi’s niece is a current beauty queen titleholder in the Philippines! The center has ongoing volunteer opportunities every week in the Dining Room and with Bingo Hosting; for more information, please click here.
- We are still accepting applications for our 2016 pageant! Visit www.missvietnamnorcal.com/apply to join our sisterhood today! 😊
- Mandy, Crystal and Cindy at our interview mixer yesterday. We had such a good time talking to all of the prospective contestants! It is not too late to apply! Visit www.missvietnamnorcal.com to apply today!
- "Joining MVNCI has given me the opportunity to aspire to inspire". Apply today at www.missvietnamnorcal.com ❤️
- Flashback Friday to our beautiful 2013 contestants with the 2012 court and staff. These bonds created surely lasts a lifetime 👑💕. #mvnci #fbf #sisterhood #pageant #missvietnam #pageantsisters
- We are very excited for our 2016 pageant and hope that you will take the chance to be apart of it! Visit: www.missvietnamnorcal.com and click the "apply today" tab to join today! Pictured: 1st Princess- Cathy Nguyen PC: James Nguyen